Images are an important part of making your site visually attractive for your visitors. But, search engines do not understand the content of images on a web page. This is true even if the images have text in them. For example, your logo may have words in it but the search engines can not read these words because they are not standard text. They are a picture. That’s why Image Optimization becomes very important…
IMAGE OPTIMIZATION TIPS:
- Put Emphasis on Originality of Images
- Put Emphasis on Quality of Images
- Image formatting: Image Slicing, Image cropping and Image Re-sizing
- Image file naming: Make sure the Image file name or IMG SRC string contains your prime keyword
- Avoid Usage of heavy images
- Avoid query strings for IMG SRCs
- Web page Usability: Web page Usability is very important in image search optimization. It will show up the images at the top of image search results and secondly it will force the end users to click on the link to the image and then take them to your web site. Writing alternative text that is keyword stuffed is not going to inspire people to click on the link in that image to your site.
- Image Freshness. If we are targeting high competitive keywords then we should re-upload the pictures, since image freshness is a contextual clue for the search engines and will have good impact on keywords rankings in image search engines.
- Optimize the page with the image. Images seem to be preferred more if they’re on a page that’s all about the keyword/subject. Optimizing the page where the image appears is as important as optimizing the image itself. Optimizing the actual page for contextual search improves graphic images search. Search engines also look at text surrounding a graphic image to determine relevancy. Text within the anchor tag and next to anchor text is especially going to influence image-search rankings.
- Target high audience base. There are different ways by which you can get people interested in your company and hence build up traffic and which leads to have better conversions. For example, hotels might show furniture & decorative art in addition to details on their rooms, and restaurants might show views or special event rooms.
- Conduct searches in the image search engines to see how your pictures appear after they have been indexed with search engines. Thereafter you can review the changes and can make the required changes in the same.
IMAGE OPTIMIZATION OFFERS THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES:
- Free product promotion
- More optimization opportunities than regular search alone
- More exposure with Photo sharing sites and Social image sharing sites
- Easy to compete as there is less competition in image search engines