1. Create and Maintain Uniform Website Structure
2. It is must to have search engine friendly directory structure
3. Each web page should have unique page title
4. Each web page should have unique Meta tags
5. There should be around 200-250 words content in each category page
6. Include Breadcrumbs for all the Inner web pages
7. Use a Heading Tag
8. Optimize Images (size, image name and image alts)
9. Optimize Anchor Text
10. Integrate a Secure Payment Gateway
11. Implement security icons
12. Generate a XML Sitemap
a. Submit XML sitemap on Google webmaster
b. Submit XML sitemap on Yahoo webmaster
c. Submit XML sitemap on Bing webmaster
13. Submit content on blogs
14. Submit content on articles
15. Submit content on PRs
16. Must do – Link baiting
17. Track User Behaviour with a Good Analytics Tool
Search Engines treats sub-domain as different site and subdirectory is an organizational component of an existing site. Generally, subdirectories are used when you need to describe what individual pages on a site are about, and sub-domains are used when you want to describe what an entire site is about.
An example of Subdirectory è http://www.abc.com.com/amitdoda
An example of Subdomain è http://amitdoda.abc.com
Let’s discuss few scenarios so that we can have better understanding about sub-domain Vs sub-directory:
Quick SEO Results: Based on my SEO practice, sub-directories gain faster keywords ranking as compared to sub-domains. The reason is that subdirectories are part of a existing domain which is already indexed and enjoying back links. If we are adding any new folder or page to the site then it will inherit the benefits of web site.
Easy Management: Technically, you need to put little more efforts for managing sub-domains as compared to sub-directories
Content Management: Sub-domains are definitely winner as compared to sub-directories for content management
Geo targeting: Sub-domains are an effective way to target different regional or geo-targeted content markets without setting up separate site for each location.
Separate Servers: You can host your sub-domain on a separate server and you can point your sub-domain to that separate server. Sometimes, webmasters are required to do it so that they can manage their stuff cost effectively. It might be the case that primary domain is working on a server where a particular service is not required and it may be costly on that server and in order to manage everything more effectively it is one of the options which webmasters can utilize.
Multiple search results: We have been able to acquire multiple listings for some of our clients by using sub-domains strategy. It allows us to pull around 4 listing in first page.
If anyone is using sub-domains strategically then it can deliver good results and we can take example of Google which is having multiple sub-domains. But it is totally business and marketing decision to pick the option when to use what. You need to chalk out a list to figure out your requirements then you can take a final call whether you should go for sub-directory or sub-domain.
Images are an important part of making your site visually attractive for your visitors. But, search engines do not understand the content of images on a web page. This is true even if the images have text in them. For example, your logo may have words in it but the search engines can not read these words because they are not standard text. They are a picture. That’s why Image Optimization becomes very important…
IMAGE OPTIMIZATION TIPS:
- Put Emphasis on Originality of Images
- Put Emphasis on Quality of Images
- Image formatting: Image Slicing, Image cropping and Image Re-sizing
- Image file naming: Make sure the Image file name or IMG SRC string contains your prime keyword
- Avoid Usage of heavy images
- Avoid query strings for IMG SRCs
- Web page Usability: Web page Usability is very important in image search optimization. It will show up the images at the top of image search results and secondly it will force the end users to click on the link to the image and then take them to your web site. Writing alternative text that is keyword stuffed is not going to inspire people to click on the link in that image to your site.
- Image Freshness. If we are targeting high competitive keywords then we should re-upload the pictures, since image freshness is a contextual clue for the search engines and will have good impact on keywords rankings in image search engines.
- Optimize the page with the image. Images seem to be preferred more if they’re on a page that’s all about the keyword/subject. Optimizing the page where the image appears is as important as optimizing the image itself. Optimizing the actual page for contextual search improves graphic images search. Search engines also look at text surrounding a graphic image to determine relevancy. Text within the anchor tag and next to anchor text is especially going to influence image-search rankings.
- Target high audience base. There are different ways by which you can get people interested in your company and hence build up traffic and which leads to have better conversions. For example, hotels might show furniture & decorative art in addition to details on their rooms, and restaurants might show views or special event rooms.
- Conduct searches in the image search engines to see how your pictures appear after they have been indexed with search engines. Thereafter you can review the changes and can make the required changes in the same.
IMAGE OPTIMIZATION OFFERS THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES:
- Free product promotion
- More optimization opportunities than regular search alone
- More exposure with Photo sharing sites and Social image sharing sites
- Easy to compete as there is less competition in image search engines